Thursday, May 16, 2013

Inhalation of a mosquito net

One of the six people I'm sharing a room with just happens to be a wildly snoring canadian dude.  I had flashbacks of camping with my father as a kid (Sorry Didi).  In addition, there is a poorly placed mosquito net above my top bunk bed, which prevented me from breathing.  It was essentially plastered to my face or sucked up my nostrils thoughout the sleepless night.  Ambien was no match.  I'm seriously debating whether I prefer malaria or another night sleeping under that thing.....I'll keep you posted on what I decide. 

In addition, we ran out of water somewhere in the middle of the night which is essential in order to flush the toilet. Makes things interesting in a house full of 7 people.  Americans are so spoiled and we never think twice about it.  Not only could my host never wake up and take a warm shower, she couldn't take a cold one, couldn't wake up in the middle of the night and get a glass of water from the faucet....she couldn't even flush the toilet.

No comments:

Post a Comment