Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The animals in my kingdom....


These were the lions we stumbled across on our way out the first day.  A pretty sweet surprise.


Yes, we were this close.  Incredible.


Buffalo (One of the big Five)


This pic didn't really turn out, but this is where we had lunch on Sunday.  There were a herd of Zebras & Wildebeest grazing behind us.  


Zebras are EVERYWHERE!  By the end of the weekend you literally don't even look twice when you see them.  They are as common as seeing cows.  Crazy.


He's so cute!


We finally found a cheetah on our last day!  Leopard never appeared but we saw a few other big cats that made up for it.


We didn't get to actually see a kill, but we did come up on a couple of them just a few minutes too late.  Sorry if you have a weak stomach, but it was still a pretty incredible experience to witness.  


See you soon you old baboon!  These guys are chickens...they run every time you come up on them, so I'm pretty happy about these shots.


Sooooo many elephants!  I had a hard time picking a favorite, but everyone loves a little baby ;)


Hanging out in the van during breakdown #2.  I love to stand in the van as we're driving around.  A little rough....but kinda like the subway haha.


This is the group from our van.  Mike, our tour guide, is the one with the hat on.

Ok, I have to stop now.  Many of you will see a thousand more photos when I get back bc there are a million animals that I haven't shown.  With Kenyan internet I'd be here all night if I tried.  I hope this gives you a taste of how incredible the Massai Mara is.


3 comments:

  1. This is SOOO stinking amazing. I can't wait to read more!!!

    So proud and jealous of you HaasSauce!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From Eli: "I want to go on a safari with you, Minnie. My favorite is the lion sleeping in the grass. I will pick you up to look at planes soon!"

    He loves the pictures, but is most excited to see the ones with you in them! Great pictures! Can't wait to see the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So awesome, Meaggie! Looks like you are having fun and seeing so much neat stuff. Can't wait to hear all about it. Love that you are blogging your adventure for us homebodies :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete