Thursday, May 16, 2013

Let the adventure begin.....

Once upon a time there was a little white chick from Wisconsin who quit her job & headed half way around the world to volunteer in Africa.  Slightly nutty??  Perhaps, but she did it anyway.  Her story is to follow.  Pray for her.

Monday, May 13th I lefy my cozy world behind in Milwaukee & 22 hours of travel later arrived in Nairobi, Kenya.  Within the first few hours, I'd experienced a number of "firsts", many of which I'll share with you over the next month.  A few highlights in the first 48 hours are below:
I had my first.....
1. Culture Shock (and still sort of am)
2. ....and second and third....blackout in Kenya (Get your minds out of there....I mean electrical blackout)
3. Time staying somewhere with no running water.
4. Time showering out of a bucket.
5. Attempt at Swahili
6. Night sleeping under a mosquito net.

No comments:

Post a Comment